POSITION TITLE: Portfolio Analyst/Trader
REPORTING TO: Chief Investment Officer
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
THE COMPANY: First Ascent Asset Management
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
First Ascent is based in Denver and provides outsourced portfolio management services to financial advisors and their clients. The firm introduced flat-fee portfolio management services to the industry three years ago and won the WealthManagement.com Industry Award in the TAMP category in 2018. First Ascent is registered as an investment adviser with the SEC.
– To start and end every conversation by asking, “What is best for clients?”
– To build and manage the best possible portfolios for long-term investors.
– To support the needs of advisors with a talented, dedicated group of professionals.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
First Ascent is searching for an individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. Primary responsibilities will include conducting trade review, rebalancing and execution, investment analysis and due diligence within the investment department. The Portfolio Analyst/Trader will be involved in many aspects of investment-related research, analytics and reporting, including trade management. The Portfolio Analyst/Trader works with the investment and operations teams and reports to the Chief Investment Officer. The position offers a high degree of autonomy and potential for personal growth in a rapidly growing firm.
The successful candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in the financial field, with experience and understanding of general portfolio management concepts, ETF and Mutual Fund research or trading and an entrepreneurial attitude.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Perform Investment Due Diligence and Analysis
• Provide Comprehensive Investment Reporting
• Prepare Communications and Presentations
• Perform Ad-hoc Investment/Industry Research
• Participate in the Investment Committee Meetings
• Complete Special Projects as Assigned by the Chief Investment Officer
• Responsible for Daily Trade Reviews and Execution
• Monitor Accounts for Drift of Asset Allocation
• Implement Portfolio Rebalancing
• Interface with Custodians to Resolve any Trading Issues
• Develop and Document Best Practices for the Team
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
• Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment
• Extremely detail-oriented, analytical, strong focus on accuracy
• Self-starter, organized, able to set priorities
• High integrity, positive attitude, team player
• Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills
• Experience working with portfolio accounting/trading systems, knowledge of investment operations. Experience with Orion or a similar system a plus
• Ability to interface with financial advisors, analysts, and operations/client services representatives
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience with an investment management firm (trading/operations, Investments)
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics required.
Interest in pursuing or progress towards CFA designation beneficial.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary
• 401(k) plan
• Medical, short and long-term disability insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Paid time off
• Potential for company stock options